DLC: Training and Consultancy
You have only one chance to make a first impression
In business, as in life, you have only one chance to make a first impression. And whether that first impression comes from your website; from a presentation; from an article or interview in the media; from a personal meeting; or even from your CV, it will set the tone for the development of your relationship with your clients, customers and business partners.
- Too often the language on a website is sloppy and grammatically incorrect
- There is good reason why the phrase, Death by PowerPoint is used so often to describe presentations at conferences and seminars, as people throw up too many slides which contain too many words, then read from a boring script, paying no attention to the audience
- Journalists can tie in knots a business person who is inexperienced in coping with the tough interview, and the company’s reputation can be seriously damaged.
- It is surprising how many business people who know their business well are awkward at a first meeting with a potential client
- Your CV – and the covering letter you send with it – are potentially two of the most important documents you will ever write; so why do so many people not get it right?
But with all these points, help is at hand! DLC is a start-up company formed by Stephen Dalziel, who has over 30 years’ experience working with and passing on the skills needed for each of these areas. For 16 years, Stephen worked for the BBC World Service, where the use of clear and accurate English for broadcasting was essential. Before this, Stephen spent six years as a lecturer at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, and he has continued over the years to give presentations to audiences large and small.
More recently, Stephen has worked for a consultancy firm engaged in public relations, media training and communications. And for five years Stephen has been the Executive Director of the Russo-British Chamber of Commerce, putting together British and Russian businesses. Stephen speaks fluent Russian; and his knowledge of languages helps him make sense out of poor translations into English!
If you would like Stephen to help you improve your first impression, or assist you to maintain the image of your company, call him on +44 (0) 7926 160 399.
First impressions are lasting impressions!